At 18th Street Distillery we make award-winning distilled spirits. We serve them in our beautiful cocktail lounge, which is open seven days a week, and is located in Downtown Hammond, about 22 miles outside of Chicago. We're looking for a few experienced people to join our cocktail lounge team. These positions will allow you to grow and expand with us as we grow.
We have customers coming to see us from all over the Midwest; even from across the globe. Our guests visit us for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's just to pick up a bottle of something, or try our latest creation and have a bite to eat. In the above positions, you will play an integral role in creating great experiences for our guests through hosting, serving, educating them on our spirits, and making cocktails from our current menu. Training is a major part of our success.
You will educate and entertain customers with cocktail and company history, fun facts about our spirits, and guide them through tastings of our handcrafted spirits. You will also prepare cocktails using classic techniques, fresh ingredients and quality tools, which we will teach you. We host a wide variety of events, so you may be asked to staff a cocktail demonstration station, lead distillery tours, or tackle some other special assignment from time to time based on what we have going on. You will help us prepare and clean/maintain our tasting room as part of our opening and closing procedures. As a member of our team, we aim to have an understanding of each person's goals and interests, and to be flexible and provide personal development opportunities whenever possible.
Fundamentally, our right candidate is outgoing, friendly, hard-working, diligent and loves creating experiences for others. You must also have:
• 2 years or more of solid work experience where you provided great service in a bar, restaurant or retail setting, or at least a desire to step into a service-oriented role where taking care of customers is our first priority
• Team spirit, and a desire to be part of a small, independent, entrepreneurial company
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills, with a great attitude and outgoing nature
• Attention to detail - with regard to following recipes, entering orders & ringing transactions correctly, conveying accurate information about spirits & cocktails to our guests and team members
• Knowledge, or a strong interest in becoming knowledgeable, about distilled spirits and cocktails
• The ability to work autonomously, yet have a positive team attitude and collaborate with others
FT & PT Host
FT & PT Servers
FT & PT Bartenders
FT & PT Food Runners
18TH STREET DISTILLERY is an equal opportunity employer.
The above information is true and correct.
I authorize the Company to inquire into my education, past employment history, and references as needed to
research my qualifications for this position.
If employed, I will be required to provide original documents which verify my identity and right to work in the
United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986.
The document(s) provided will be used for the completion of Form I-9.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and agree to the above statements.